- Santa’s Choice hampers
- My iPod “Other” playlist
- Classic Christmas music. Burl Ives and Bing Crosby are my favourites.
- New Moon!
- Seeing it as a double feature.
- Unexpected updates on my favourite stories.
- Packages wrapped in pretty paper and ribbon.
- Christmas movies. Classic, new, religious, funny, serious, they’re all good!
- The crackle from a fire.
- That this list is mainly Christmas and Twilight related. Lol.
Amazing isn’t even the right word for it. Beyond amazing doesn’t describe it well enough either. Saturday I spent the afternoon and evening watching New Moon. Twi-Whore and myself decided that we were brave enough to throw ourselves amongst the throngs of screaming fangirls and tweens to see New Moon twice in one day, because just once wouldn’t suffice. Our first showing was at 4:00 and I got there at 1:30 expecting to need to walk around the mall for a bit before getting in line. Boy was I wrong! A line had already formed and was only 4 people long, but join them I did! It didn’t take long for it to grow either. While in line I read a chapter of Tropic of Virgo, and listened to my iPod to pass the time. Twi-Whore showed up not long after and we waited for another hour before they let us in.
The squeeing began when the previews rolled, then subdued a bit (for us anyways). And when we were cockblocked with an extra preview I almost got mad till I realised it was for Remember Me! We squeed so loud and nearly hyperventilated, and the ladies next to us gave us the stink eye. Finally it started. Twi-Whore and I held hands through probably 3/4 of the movie, just because we were so excited! It was ridiculous and silly and my hand cramped and she cut the circulation off of my fingers, and I made her ring gouge her thumb, but we were just so crazed.
I can’t say enough good things about the movie. The effects, the acting, the direction, the screen play. They were all amazing, and put together with the cast, I just don’t have words to describe it. We got to see Jasper and Emmett a bit more this time which was so nice ’cause I heart them hard, and Charlie. I loved Charlie in this! Billy Burke was exceptional! His parts were funny and touching and just all around great.
I’m so glad we didn’t see Stutter Bella this time, and Smell the Fart Rob. Taylor was exceptional, and played his role extremely well. I walked in expecting to leave feeling extremely angry with Edward but surprisingly wasn’t. It ended up being Bella I was mad at, for hurting Jacob so badly. And can I just say I loved the cliff hanger ending? We all know what happens in the end anyways, and if you haven’t read the books shame on you you deserve to not know how it turns out till you see Eclipse.
After the first movie ended we went for dinner at Pita Pit, and the guy working made fun of us a bit for going twice and tried to rub it in that he went the night before. Whatever, I’m a good Twi-friend and waited. That says a lot about me, I think. After dinner we went back to the mall and were going to browse for a bit, but I had a feeling there would be a line up so we headed back to the theater thankfully to stand in line. I was right, there was already a huge line forming, with about 30 or so people ahead of us. So we stood there for another 2 1/2 hours. The line ended up forming a huge loop around the inside of the mall, and we later learned it had sold out. We didn’t hold hands that time but were still just as excited to see it start (and for the Remember Me trailer). All in all we had a great day! And the effect of seeing it twice in the same day was a definite plus! We caught things we had missed the first time, and were able to absorb more without judgement. I can’t wait to see it for a third time, and a fourth, and a fifth….
At least it feels like it is! Today I’m braving the throng of teen fangirls with Twi-Whore to go see New Moon. It feels like I’ve waited years for this day, when in reality it’s barely been a year. I’ve done my best to not hear or read any reviews so I don’t have anymore preconceived notions than I already do. So I’m venturing out into the wild, armed with my phone, so I can read fanfic, and my iPod set to the New Moon soundtrack to get in the mood, while I stand in line and secure wicked seats. Wish me luck, I might need it!
- Tea. I haven’t been able to drink and fully appreciate tea in about two years. I’ve gotten back in the habit of drinking it regularly now and I’m loving it.
- Wednesday nights. I have so many good shows on Wednesday’s that it’s hard to pick what to watch, but I make it work.
- Jacob Black. Still.
- Emancipation Proclamation by Kharizzmatik. What a great story with lots of lemony goodness!
- My Twilight stuff iPod playlist. I play it over and over and still love it!
- Starbucks Gingerbread Latte’s! The red cup is back!
Welcome to this week’s Friday 5. Getting to know you.
- What are the titles of the last three books you read all of? Twilight, City of Glass, and City of Ashes
- What are the titles of between three and five magazines you subscribe to or used to subscribe to? I used to subscribe to Lulu, Flare and Chocolate. I used to read Cosmo and Vogue.
- What’s on your night table? (we figured this one was borderline, since it involves the bedroom, but if the vibe is right and you preface the question with the background story I told above, you could make it work) One my side is a lamp, clock, and body lotion. On Steve’s side is a lamp and a book.
- What are the three best things that happened to you in the past seven days? Wow this is a hard one. It was a pretty mundane week for me. I finally got my Christmas cards finished, so there’s one. I figured out how to use my new iPod, there’s two. Taco’s at Ben and Suzi’s. Yum!
- What was your senior yearbook quote, and what would your yearbook quote be this year if there were such a thing? I didn’t have one, and I really have no idea what it would be if I were to do one this year. Probably something along the lines of being happy who you are and not giving a shit what other people think. You don’t need to try to impress people to be happy.
Thanks for participating, and have a meaningful weekend!
- Guitar Hero 5. I think this is by far one of the best Guitar Hero games out there! The track list is amazing, and the downloadable contest is fantastic!
- My new iPod! When I first got it on Thursday I wanted to throw it out the window, cause it was so frustrating. After I figured it out though, I absolutely love it! I have over 400 songs on it and a ton of pictures of certain people from a certain movie that will remain nameless. 😉
- Cold weather. And rain! Yesterday it was a nice rainy fall day. Oh how I miss the cool air! I’ve been so looking forward to the start of fall and we haven’t yet had a good taste of it.
- Sweaters and hoodies, long jeans with boots, plaid, and sweater dresses.
- My fauxhawk. I started wearing my hair in a fauxhawk and after playing around for a while I loved it! It’s very emo, and totally different from anything I would normally ever do.