Welcome to this week’s Friday 5, There’s a Wriday on Your Friday.
- Dr. Seuss’s first published book was And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street!. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve witnessed on your street? Construction on the road.
- In The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, a boy removes his hat to pay respect to the passing king, but each hat is somehow replaced by a bigger, fancier hat. If you’re a hat person, what’s your current favorite? If not, under what circumstances did you last wear a hat? I’m not a hat person, but my favourite hat that I have is a denim Military hat.
- In If I Ran the Zoo…, a boy fantasizes about how fantastic the zoo would be under his administration. What’s your local zoo like, and how do you like it? The closest zoo we have is Calgary. It’s nice, but I wish there were more large and exotic animals.
- In Green Eggs and Ham, the main character refuses to taste a certain dish until, just to get Sam to leave him alone, he gives in and discovers that he likes it. When did something like this happen to you? Probably a tv show that someone recommended.
- The Foot Book contains a lesson about judging others based on their feet. Feet seem to be something people have widely polar opinions about! How do you feel about feet, and can you think of someone in your life who has especially nice feet? I see a lot of feet because of my line of work. June had very nice feet.
Thanks for participating! I meant what I said and I said what I meant: may you have a great weekend, one hundred percent!