Today is Halloween, and although we’re not celebrating tonight we did have a Halloween party yesterday. We started off with going to the Stirling Haunted Mansion to get in the holiday, shall we say, spirit? That was really fun and a bit spooky, and of course we went dressed in our costumes, as to set the mood. After that we went back to John and Laura’s for the party, witch was small but a lot of fun. There was a vampire (whom I forced to wear sparkles, because real vampires sparkle), a couple of cowboys, Captain Jack Sparrow, a very European French maid, a Unicorn (myself), a demon bride, and a devil child. We had good food, good drinks and a lot of fun. Hopefully this will be a yearly tradition.
This week’s Friday 5, At the Movies.
- What’s your favorite sports movie? I don’t really care for sports movies but I would have to say Rudy is my fave in that genre.
- What’s your favorite romantic comedy film? Right now is a toss-up between Miss Potter which isn’t really a comedy, and Music and Lyrics.
- What’s your favorite animated Disney movie? Always always Cinderella!
- What’s your favorite non-Disney movie musical? My Fair Lady. Always has been always will be. Rocky Horror Picture Show is a close second.
- What’s your favorite stranger-in-a-strange-land / fish-out-of-water movie? Stranger in a strange land movie would be Harry Potter. The third is definitely my favourite thus far, which is a bit disappointing since I was hoping the sixth would be. Fish out of water would be Twilight, even though the movie’s not that great, but just cause it’s Twilight, it is. If you asked me in three weeks I’d bet I’d tell you it’s New Moon.
Thanks for participating and have a celluloid weekend!
It’s the week before Halloween, and the time to carve scary faces, and spooky things out of pumpkins is upon us. Yesterday the kids and I, (with Melissa’s help) carved pumpkins. Austin and Shayla decided to draw their own designs on the pumpkins and cut them out while I went the more traditional route and picked a stencil. Austin’s was a big spider, that would have had a dozen legs if Melissa hadn’t have stepped in and helped out. Shayla opted for a bat and moon drawing, which I must say was rather good. I picked a pumpkin witch cause it was oh so cute!
After everything was cut out and wiped down we took them outside to light them up. I think they turned out pretty good if I do say so myself! As I was leaving for home I grabbed my pumpkin to take with me, as I picked it up, the eyes and top of the mouth promptly fell out. C’est la vie! At least I got pictures right?
As I was reading Twitarded the other day I came across this meme. I thought, what the Hale, I’m going to do it even if I’m not tagged, and it would be a fun Twi Tues.
1) What is the craziest/most stupid thing you’ve ever done (that you would be willing to share!)? One thing? Going to a birthday party, getting high and dressing up like hookers and trying to get in a bar when I was 16.
2) One my personal favorite games: Fuck, Marry, Kill. With the Twilight cast. Fuck – Edward. Kill – It’s a toss-up between three, Mike Newton, Jessica Stanley and Lauren Mallory. Marry – Jacob. Especially after reading New Moon recently, I’ve fallen back in love with him. Sigh.
3) What is your favorite band/type of music? I do love pop music but my favourite band would have to be the Killers.
4) What is your favorite movie besides Twilight? Dare I hope for New Moon? Time Traveller’s Wife at the moment.
5) Do you RL life family/friends know you’re addicted to Twilight? A blogger? My husband and SIL’s know, and of course Twi-Whore. But other than them I don’t think so. My mom and some friends know I blog I think though.
6) How many hours a week do you spend doing Twi related things? You know, blogging, looking at pictures of the cast, reading fan fiction, etc. Maybe a few hours? It’s hard to say, I’ve never really thought about it. Oh wait that includes reading. Does that include reading? Then I’d have to up the hours to a lot!
7) Any random fact you might want to share. Big or small, it doesn’t matter. Random fact hey? I honestly didn’t like Twilight the first time I read it. I actually didn’t even want to read the second book because of it! Thankfully I soldiered on because New Moon is what made me fall in love with the series!
- White Demon Love Song by The Killers
- The feeling of wanting to cook and bake. I haven’t felt it in so very long.
- Flightless Bird by Iron & Wine
- Long sweaters over skinny pants and boots
- Halloween preparations
- A reason to dress up
- Home made pizzas
- Jacob Black. I’ve fallen in love with him all over again.
I’m so proud to announce that I’ve won 3rd place in the Lethbridge Public Library “Caught Reading” contest. I mentioned this contest a while ago, and while the photo I liked best didn’t win another of my entries did.
Today I went to pick up my prize. I received a certificate, a Queen size duvet, a $25 gift card to Super Store, and a free membership to the Lethbridge Public Library. It’s so nice to be recognized for something that I love to do.