Why can’t everything just be simple? Why must there always be drama? Why can’t things just simply be? I’m tired of the drama, of the bitching, of the non-simpleness of life. Let go of the competitiveness. Of feeling not good enough. Of having to be better than. Let’s go back to being happy for each other. Let’s go back to being happy with who and what we are. Let’s go back.
I’m not sure when exactly it happened, but I’m fairly certain it was after I read most of Wide Awake. You see, I’ve been cheating on my boyfriend. I’ve fallen for another man, and his name is Edward.
When I first read Twilight, I didn’t care for it, or Edward. I figured I would read the second book just to see what was going to happen. It was all down hill from there as far as my Twi-session was concerned. But I found myself falling for Jacob and not Edward, like everyone else seemed to be doing. Don’t get me wrong. I never wanted Jacob to be with Bella, oh no! I always wanted her to end up with Edward, they just seemed to fit better.
But poor Jacob. He tried so hard, and would have been so good to her. I couldn’t help but to not fall in love with him. And Edward is just too controlled for my liking. It would have been nice if he’d just let go at least once.
Then someone introduced me to a little fic called Wide Awake, (and if you haven’t read it go right now and do so!) and that Edward was my downfall. He’s rude, dirty, has a foul mouth, and he’s dark and brooding. Everything that Twilight Edward wasn’t.
After I fell for him, I started to get more and more obsessed with Twilight and it’s affiliates. That’s when the pictures started. And let me tell you, I never thought Rpattz was that hot before. But damn! The pictures! His eyes and those lips. My God! That’s how I started cheating on my boyfriend Jacob.
There’s more than enough of me to go around though for both of them. I just hope that Jacob knows that no matter what I’ll always be his. (I’ll always be yours too Rpattz. Just don’t tell Jacob!)
- Apple Crisp still warm from the oven
- Little girls in tutus
- Crisp fall air, I don’t think I’ll ever tire of it.
- A chilly house that’s still a bit too warm for a furnace
- Baked Brie with mushrooms and caramelized onions
- Making to do lists
- Planning for Christmas in September
- Lazy afternoons spent at home reading or watching movies
- My wonderful husband
I’ve been wanting to go take pictures of my brother-in-law hunting for some time now. This morning I finally had the opportunity to go with him and a friend. We went driving down the back country roads looking for partridge, the odd duck and some photo opps. Tyler shot two partridges and John said he got one but it hopped away. Sure John, sure. I ended up with a few good photos and a good time.
Welcome to this week’s Friday 5. Getting to know you.
- What are the titles of the last three books you read all of? Twilight, City of Glass, and City of Ashes
- What are the titles of between three and five magazines you subscribe to or used to subscribe to? I used to subscribe to Lulu, Flare and Chocolate. I used to read Cosmo and Vogue.
- What’s on your night table? (we figured this one was borderline, since it involves the bedroom, but if the vibe is right and you preface the question with the background story I told above, you could make it work) One my side is a lamp, clock, and body lotion. On Steve’s side is a lamp and a book.
- What are the three best things that happened to you in the past seven days? Wow this is a hard one. It was a pretty mundane week for me. I finally got my Christmas cards finished, so there’s one. I figured out how to use my new iPod, there’s two. Taco’s at Ben and Suzi’s. Yum!
- What was your senior yearbook quote, and what would your yearbook quote be this year if there were such a thing? I didn’t have one, and I really have no idea what it would be if I were to do one this year. Probably something along the lines of being happy who you are and not giving a shit what other people think. You don’t need to try to impress people to be happy.
Thanks for participating, and have a meaningful weekend!
A couple weeks ago we had one of Steve’s work couples over. The wife had seen my copy of Twilight that I was re-re-reading, and asked if I was excited about the new movie coming out? I had a sheepish grin on my face, I’m sure, looked at Steve, and said “I don’t know? Do think I am?” and giggled. He just rolled his eyes and said I was rediculously robsessed obsessed.
Just to prove his point I’ll let you know that I still have the MTV Movie Awards on my DVR, set to the first New Moon preview, with a lock so that Steve can’t erase it. Now I have the new New Moon preview, as well, on my DVR from the MTV VMA’s, with a lock again. I think I’ve watched them both about 100 times. And each time is equally as magical.
With only 58 days left till the premier, I’ve started planning a Twilight party with my Twi-whore friend. Menu items will include Vampire’s Kiss Martini’s, red cookies, and Harry Clearwater’s Fish Fry. We have the events and viewings planned out, and I’m working on decorations. I guess it’s not really a “party” with only two people attending, but this way we can squee as much as we like and not worry about others judging our extreme levels of twitardedness.
I leave you now with the most glorious 6 minutes known to twidom. The New Moon preview mashup.