Here’s this week’s Friday 5…Scattergories.
This week’s 5 is inspired by the party game Scattergories, in which players have to come up with items, all beginning with the same letter, in several categories. For example, if the die is rolled and shows the letter R, players might have to come up with a soft drink, a farm animal, a river, and a U.S. President, all beginning with R. Valid answers might be root beer, rooster, Rhine, and Roosevelt.
First, go to this nifty online random-letter generator. Set the “number of random letter sequences to generate” to 1. Set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 1. Leave the “letters to choose from” how it is and click the button. You’ll get a rather non-dramatic one letter. Use that letter to begin all your answers to the 5 questions below.
Alternately, if you find that boring, you could set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 5, thereby giving you five letters, a different one for each question.
- What random letter was generated by the online random-letter generator? (this doesn’t really count as one of your five questions) W
- With what famous person, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, would you most like to be stuck on a desert island? I’m actually going to say Oprah Winfrey. I think she’d be entertaining and chances are if she’s lost on an island someone’s bound to come look for her. Hell maybe she’ll give me some free stuff when we’re found!
- What food item, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, can always be found in your pantry? Worcestershire Sauce
- What song, whose title begins with the letter in question #1, always makes you feel good? When You Were Young by the Killers
- What is your least-favorite film whose title begins with the letter in question #1? I haven’t seen it but I can tell you just from the previews that White Chicks is my answer
- What unusual animal, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, would be a fun pet? White Beaked Dolphin. Dolphins are fun right?
Thanks for playing! And have a xntflqsipv weekend!